Indie Showcase SA provides a platform for artists with original music to journey through a process of 3 months which will cover areas such as arrangements, marketing, social media exposure and ultimately lead to a Record Deal.
The basic out Line of the 3 month season is as follows;
- The series will be streamed live on video and radio once a week.
- The event will also be performed to a live audience.
- Indie Artists will be asked to submit three songs for consideration to the “Collaborators”.
- The three Collaborators will work out the criteria for points scoring purposes.
- This is not a competition but rather a process to give exposure , experience and guidance to artists.
- There will be a resident Band of Musicians who will open and close the show, but more importantly will provide a service to the artists whereby the selected artist would work with the resident band to flesh out arrangements.
- In addition the artist will be backed by the resident Band during the live performance if required.
- A full rig with sound, lights, live video mixing with giant screens will be provided. This gives the artists a chance to perform in a professional environment where maximum audience reaction can be expected. This process alone is of huge benefit to the Indie Artists.
- There will be three Artists/Bands all playing 3 songs per night. The best song from each Artist/Band on the night will be uploaded to YouTube (or other suitable channel) from the live mix. The mix will also be streamed live on video and radio (Zone Radio) and the song will also be uploaded to iTunes (or other platform).
The selection process for a record deal is based largely on social media. This is a platform which is ‘owned’ by Indie Artists in terms of getting their music “out there” and the freedom that goes with their original compositions. Frustrated by the major record labels, the lack of investment in new artists, and the lack of musical freedom with major labels, Indie Artists world over have created somewhat of a revolution in music distribution mainly due to the internet and its low cost appeal.
The proof of concept was delivered at the series launch on 28 April 2015 at the Slug and Lettuce – River Club. What was to be a technically a challenging event, went off without a hitch thanks to the professional musicians and incredible sound engineers. The sample of artists connected with the audience – the feedback was awesome.
Proof of concept – done!
What do I do to participate?
- Artists: Submit 3 songs to email@example.com
- Advertisers & Sponsors: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fruit Vendor – “Pencil Pusher Man”
Wyatt Peters – “Do As You Please”
Della – “People Like You”
Resident Band – “Tsawke”
Noa Milan – “Tattoo”
Andrei Damane – “Heart”
Fritzherbert – “Heavenly”
All Indie Showcase SA Artists – “Aint No Sunhine”